Source: 10asia via Daum
“Junior-nims, orange is a color that has belonged to Shinhwa Changjo since 1998. If possible, please avoid using the color orange. See you when we promote next year. From Shinhwa’s Eric.”
1. [+693, -56] It might look childish to other people but his fans must feel so grateful that he said that
2. [+470, -40] “Please avoid using the color orange” Instant retweet
3. [+391, -32] You don’t even have to be a member of Shinhwa Changjo to know that the color orange belongs to them. Anyone with even a teensy bit of interest would know that. What is YG thinking printing goods in that color…? I bet even iKON fans are pissed with YGㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+205, -12] That’s right, Shinhwa is still a promoting idol group, it’s best not to overlap colors
5. [+203, -12] Eric knows that even if he gets hate for speaking out about it, he knows how much the color means to his fans. So many people think of Eric as just an actor but it seems he knows that his true identity is that of an idol singer.
6. [+184, -16] Shinhwa and Shinhwa Changjo have been using the color for 18 years now. Please think of what it means to us.
7. [+158, -16] Shinhwa is an idol group that has been running for 18 years. They have been using the color orange since debut, and have managed to release an album every single year excluding their time in the military, and continue to do so with Seoul + Asia tours and promotions on all three public broadcasts. They have worked harder than any idol and should not have to suffer the discomfort of having their color overlap with another group.
8. [+156, -18] Please just leave Shinhwa alone.. ㅜ
9. [+108, -12] He’s right, orange belongs to Shinhwa.
10. [+75, -15] We understand that the color orange is pretty and coveted but leave us alone. So many groups have tried to take the color but it can only be used by Shinhwa and Shinhwa Changjo.
11. [+59, -10] I didn’t even know there was an idol group named iKON. Anyone who has any interest in celebrities would know that orange belongs to Shinhwa. I’m sure those juniors didn’t know, so what gives? No respect for their seniors? Eric proves to be the leader once again…
12. [+49, -10] YG is such a nuisance to their artists
13. [+45, -10] I don’t even know what the point of another group insisting on using orange is? Shinhwa continues to promote as an active group 18 years in with no disbandments or member changes. If iKON fans are seen in the crowd holding orange support sticks, everyone’s just going to think you’re a Shinhwa Changjo. There was confusion even recently with overlapping fandom colors and the singers themselves thought they were their fans when they weren’t ㅋㅋㅋ
14. [+44, -9] So is this about the rumors of iKON’s support stick being orange ㅎㅎ
15. [+40, -11] Shinhwa = orange is so ingrained in everyone that I’m surprised there are even still groups that are attempting to use that color
1. [+6,206, -620] It’s not like Shinhwa’s an inactive group… poor iKON having to deal with YG
2. [+5,597, -874] I had no intention of ever putting iKON down but when fans went to YG to petition the color, they called it some stupid persimmon color and the rest of us were treated like we were blind while they cosplayed as the victims in all of this. Why should we even be the ones petitioning it to begin with?
3. [+3,441, -344] Reminds me of when BoA entered the music industry with a bucket full of hate for using the color orange when it belonged to Sechs Kies…
4. [+5,178, -997] Just how bad were the fandom fights that even Eric had to step in
5. [+2,566, -405] iKON fans, we’re sorry this is happening. I think us fans got aggressive because these color controversies have come up so often in the past few years. I think we should all take a step back and assess the situation for a bit.
6. [+497, -53] Why does YG always screw up iKON’s stuff. They’ve screwed them over so many times from his stupid promotion tactics already. It’s like YG is purposely trying so hard to get iKON hate. Poor iKON.