Source: Mydaily via Nate
“After I dropped out of high school behind my parents’ back, my contact with my father was cut. My relationship with him was never that great but it worsened after I dropped out. We spent eight years without contact. When I was younger, my parents bought me everything that I wanted so I thought we were wealthy but we were actually in a lot of debt. After I started making money, I paid all of their debt back.”
1. [+183, -23] Well, you’re better than me for being filial now after finding success…
2. [+161, -22] I thought this episode was a filial special… Hong Jin Young and Sojin ran away from home, Hoya dropped out of school… This is more like a special of kids who caused trouble in their teens.
3. [+100, -2] But you can’t even drop out of college without parental consent, how can a junior/high school student do so behind the parents’ back?
4. [+19, -8] He talks about this every time he goes on a variety show. Why is he so proud of it?
5. [+15, -3] He only has dropping out of school to talk about on TV? Hopeless.. A true filial son is one who listens to his parents and doesn’t cause trouble. How is what he did filial at all?
6. [+15, -6] I bet if a female idol had said this, she would’ve gotten so much hate
7. [+13, -7] What a lie ㅋㅋ If you want to drop out of high school, you need parental signature… He couldn’t have dropped out without them.
8. [+12, -5] What a lie, you can’t drop out on your own. Tsk tsk.
9. [+12, -5] Even as an Inspirit, I advise that he stop talking about dropping out on TV so much… It’s nothing to be proud of;;
10. [+8, -2] Just because he made money and paid off their debts doesn’t make him filial. A true filial son would’ve just led an average life instead of putting his parents through so much pain like he did. He paid the price for his delinquency, it’s not filial at all.